- Wiersinga WJ, Virk HS, Torres AG, Currie BJ, Peacock SJ, Dance DAB, Limmathurotsakul D. Melioidosis. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2018 Feb 1;4:17107.
- The Emerging Role of the Microbiome in the ICU. Nora Suzanne Wolff, Floor Hugenholtz and Willem Joost Wiersinga. Crit Care. 2018; 22: 78. Published online 2018 Mar 20. doi: 10.1186/s13054-018-1999-8
- Ciarlo E, Heinonen T, Théroude C, Herderschee J, Mombelli M, Lugrin J, Pfefferlé M, Tyrrell B, Lensch S, Acha-Orbea H, Le Roy D, Auwerx J, Roger T. Sirtuin 2 Deficiency Increases Bacterial Phagocytosis by Macrophages and Protects from Chronic Staphylococcal Infection. Front Immunol. 2017 Aug 28;8:1037. PMID: 28894448.
- Regulation of the expression of IL-1R8, a regulatory member of the Interleukin-1 receptor family. Supino D, Molgora M, Ponzetta A, Barbagallo M, Magrini E, Berthenet K, Gianni F, Asgari F, Perucchini Ch, Jaillon S, Mantovani A and Garlanda C. (May 2017, Bari, Italy, SIICA congress)
- The long pentraxin PTX3 has a non-redundant role in the control of Streptococcus pneumoniae invasive infections. Porte R, Davoudian S, Asgari F, Parente R, Sironi M, Pasqualini F, Barbagallo M, Silva-Gomes R, Van der Poll T, Garlanda C, Bottazzi B and Mantovani A. (Sep 2017, ISF 11th annual symposium, Paris, France)
- Schrijver I, Roger T, Calandra T. Dynamic profiling of MDSCs in sepsis. 7th Joint EPFL-UNIL PhD Retreat. (March 2017, Les Diablerets, Switzerland)
- Théroude C, Calandra T, Roger T. Innate lymphoid cells in sepsis. 7th Joint EPFL-UNIL PhD Retreat.(March 2017, Les Diablerets, Switzerland)
- BACH1 (BTB and CNC homology 1), the oncogenic regulator enhances migration of HT-29 colon cancer cells. Sadaf Davoudian, Neda Shajari, Shima Salehi, Behzad Mansoori, Ali Mohammadi, Behzad Baradaran. (May 2017, Bari, Italy, SIICA congress)
- The long pentraxin PTX3 has a non-redundant role in the control of Streptococcus pneumoniae invasive infections. Porte Rémi, Davoudian Sadaf, Asgari Fatemeh, Parente Raffaella, Sironi Marina,2 Pasqualini Fabio, Barbagallo Maria Luisa, Silva-Gomes Rita, Van der Poll Tom, Garlanda Cecilia, Bottazzi Barbara and Mantovani Alberto. (Sep 2017, ISF 11th annual symposium, Paris, France)
- PTX3 and factor H functionally cooperate in promoting phagocytosis of Aspergillus fumigatus. Parente R, Petroni F., Porte R. , Sadaf Davoudian Sironi M., Valentino S.1, Bottazzi B., Mantovani A., Inforzato A. (May 2017, Bari, Italy, SIICA congress)
- Berke Gurkan: “Structure Function of IRAK-M” at the Masterclass Prof Douglas Golenbeck, AMC, The Netherlands
- Nora Wolff: The difference of murine gut microbiota between different vendors, does it impact infection pathogenesis?” AMC Centre of Molecular Medicine department meeting, AMC, The Netherlands
- Vera Peters: “Future Research Question in Sepsis” at the ESCMID 2017 postgraduate Sepsis Summer Course. (June 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Chloe Albert: Presented her work at the Mérieux Université PhD day (May 2017, Lyon, France)
- Dina Tawfik: Presented her work at the Mérieux Université PhD day (May 2017, Lyon, France)
- Harjeet Virk: “Future Research Question in Sepsis” at the ESCMID 2017 postgraduate Sepsis Summer Course. (June 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Other publications acknowledging ESA-ITN:
- Rello J, van Engelen TSR, Alp E, Calandra T, Cattoir V, Winfried V. Kern WV, Netea MG, Nseir S, Opal SM, van de Veerdonk FL, Wilcox MH, Wiersinga WJ. Towards precision medicine in sepsis: a position paper of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 2018 In press
- New: Research Topic on “The Immunology of Sepsis – Understanding Host Susceptibility, Pathogenesis of Disease, and Avenues for Future Treatment”, edited by Roger T. Frontiers in Immunology. This special theme issue will be dedicated to the European Sepsis Academy (in preparation)
- Chick SE, M Forster, P Pertile, 2017, A Bayesian Decision-Theoretic Model of Sequential Experimentation with Delayed Responses, Journal Royal Statistical Society Series B, 79(5): 1439—1462, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/rssb.12225/abstract
- van der Sluijs AF, ER van Slobbe-Bijlsma, SE Chick, MB Vroom, DA Dongelmans, APJ Vlaar, 2017, The impact of changes in intensive care organization on patient outcome and cost effectiveness – A narrative review, https://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40560-016-0207-7
- SE Chick, N Gans, O Yapar, in preparation, Bayesian Sequential Learning for Clinical Trials of Multiple Correlated Technologies, in preparation.
Books and bookchapters:
- Giesen L, Luuk Giesen MD. What is sepsis? In: Wiersinga WJ, Seymour CW (ed). Handbook of Sepsis. Springer Nature, 2018 In press
- Engelen TSR, Wiersinga WJ, van der Poll T. The pathogenesis of sepsis. In: Wiersinga WJ, Seymour CW (ed). Handbook of Sepsis. Springer Nature, 2018 In press
- Wiersinga WJ, Seymour CW (ed). Handbook of Sepsis. Springer Nature, 200 p, 2018 In press
All ESRs presented their projects to the ESA-ITN satellite meetings taking place during Sepsis 2017 (13.09.17, Paris).