- Wiersinga WJ, Virk HS, Torres AG, Currie BJ, Peacock SJ, Dance DAB, Limmathurotsakul D. Melioidosis. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2018 Feb 1;4:17107.
- The Emerging Role of the Microbiome in the ICU. Nora Suzanne Wolff, Floor Hugenholtz and Willem Joost Wiersinga. Critical Care. 2018;22:78. doi:10.1186/s13054-018-1999-8. doi: 10.1186/s13054-018-1999-8
- Ciarlo E, Heinonen T, Théroude C, Herderschee J, Mombelli M, Lugrin J, Pfefferlé M, Tyrrell B, Lensch S, Acha-Orbea H, Le Roy D, Auwerx J, Roger T. Sirtuin 2 Deficiency Increases Bacterial Phagocytosis by Macrophages and Protects from Chronic Staphylococcal Infection. Front Immunol. 2017 Aug 28;8:1037. PMID: 28894448.
- Tytti Heinonen, Eleonora Ciarlo, Charlotte Théroude, Aimilia Pelekanou, Jacobus Herderschee, Didier Le Roy and Thierry Roger; Sirtuin 5 deficiency does not compromise innate immune responses to bacterial infections; Front. Immunol. | doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2018.02675
- Wolff N.S., Hugenholtz F., Wiersinga W.J. (2018) In: Vincent JL. (eds) Annual Update in Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine 2018. Springer, Cham.[dual publication]
- Chloé Albert-Vega, Dina M. Tawfik, Sophie Trouillet-Assant, Laurence Vachot, François Mallet and Julien Textoris. Immune Functional Assays, From Custom to Standardized Tests for Precision Medicine. Front. Immunol., 16 October 2018. doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2018.02367
- Alban, A., Chick, S. E., and Forster, M. Extending a Bayesian decision-theoretic approach to value-based sequential clinical trial design. (In Proceedings of the 2018 Winter Simulation Conference, 2459-2470, Piscataway, NJ. IEEE, Inc.)
- Eleni Karakike, Maria-Evangelia Adami, Malvina Lada, Theologia Gkavogianni, Ioannis M. Koutelidakis, Michael Bauer, Evangelos J. Giamarellos-Bourboulis, Iraklis Tsangaris. Late Peaks of HMGB1 and Sepsis Outcome. Shock. 2018 Sep 19. doi: 10.1097/SHK.0000000000001265.
- E. Karakike, J. Giamarellos-Bourboulis. Macrophage Activation-Like Syndrome: A Distinct Entity Leading to Early Death in Sepsis. Front Immunol. 2019 Jan 31;10:55. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.00055. eCollection 2019
- Schrijver IT, Théroude C, Roger T. Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells in Sepsis. Front Immunol. 2019 Feb 27;10:327. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.00327. eCollection 2019.
- Regulation of the expression of IL-1R8, a regulatory member of the Interleukin-1 receptor family. Supino D, Molgora M, Ponzetta A, Barbagallo M, Magrini E, Berthenet K, Gianni F, Asgari F, Perucchini Ch, Jaillon S, Mantovani A and Garlanda C. (May 2017, Bari, Italy, SIICA congress)
- The long pentraxin PTX3 has a non-redundant role in the control of Streptococcus pneumoniae invasive infections. Porte R, Davoudian S, Asgari F, Parente R, Sironi M, Pasqualini F, Barbagallo M, Silva-Gomes R, Van der Poll T, Garlanda C, Bottazzi B and Mantovani A. (Sep 2017, ISF 11th annual symposium, Paris, France)
- Schrijver I, Roger T, Calandra T. Dynamic profiling of MDSCs in sepsis. 7th Joint EPFL-UNIL PhD Retreat. (March 2017, Les Diablerets, Switzerland)
- Théroude C, Calandra T, Roger T. Innate lymphoid cells in sepsis. 7thJoint EPFL-UNIL PhD Retreat.(March 2017, Les Diablerets, Switzerland)
- BACH1 (BTB and CNC homology 1), the oncogenic regulator enhances migration of HT-29 colon cancer cells. Sadaf Davoudian, Neda Shajari, Shima Salehi, Behzad Mansoori, Ali Mohammadi, Behzad Baradaran. (May 2017, Bari, Italy, SIICA congress)
- The long pentraxin PTX3 has a non-redundant role in the control of Streptococcus pneumoniae invasive infections. Porte Rémi, Davoudian Sadaf, Asgari Fatemeh, Parente Raffaella, Sironi Marina,2 Pasqualini Fabio, Barbagallo Maria Luisa, Silva-Gomes Rita, Van der Poll Tom, Garlanda Cecilia, Bottazzi Barbara and Mantovani Alberto. (Sep 2017, ISF 11th annual symposium, Paris, France)
- PTX3 and factor H functionally cooperate in promoting phagocytosis of Aspergillus fumigatus. Parente R, Petroni F., Porte R. , Sadaf Davoudian, Sironi M., Valentino S.1, Bottazzi B., Mantovani A., Inforzato A. (May 2017, Bari, Italy, SIICA congress)
- Heinonen T, Ciarlo E, Théroude C, Le Roy D, Auwerx J, Roger T. Sirtuin 5 deficiency has no major impact on innate immune responses to bacterial infections (Research Day of the Department of Medicine, CHUV, Lausanne, February 28 2018.)
- Heinonen T, Ciarlo E, Théroude C, Le Roy D, Auwerx J, Roger T. Sirtuin 5 deficiency does not compromise innate immune responses to bacterial infections (5th European Congress of Immunology (ECI) 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands, September 2-5 2018)
- Ciarlo E, Heinonen T, Théroude C, Pelekanou A, Herderschee J, Le Roy D and Roger T. Sirtuin 5 deficiency does not compromise innate immune responses to bacterial infections.( Joint Annual Meeting 2018 of the Swiss Societies for Infectious Diseases (SSI), Hospital Hygiene (SSHH), Tropical Medicine and Parasitology (SSTMP) and the Swiss Society of Tropical and Travel Medicine (SSTTM), Interlaken, September 13-14 2018)
- Nora Suzanne Wolff et al., Vendor effects on murine gut microbiota and its influence on lipopolysaccharide induced lung inflammation and Gram-negative pneumonia. (New Frontiers in Innate Immunity & Inflammation, Sept. 2018, Cluj, Romania).
- Dina M. Tawfik et al., Immune profiling of host response biomarkers through transcriptomic analysis using FilmArray system. ISICEM conference, Brussels, Belgium. March2018
- Heinonen T, Ciarlo E, Rigoni E, Regina J, Théroude C, Le Roy D, Roger T. The sirtuins SIRT2 and SIRT3 act in concert to modulate innate immune responses.(Research Day of the Department of Medicine, CHUV, Lausanne, February 21 2019)
- Berke Gurkan: “Structure Function of IRAK-M” at the Masterclass Prof Douglas Golenbeck, AMC, The Netherlands
- Nora Wolff: The difference of murine gut microbiota between different vendors, does it impact infection pathogenesis?” AMC Centre of Molecular Medicine department meeting, AMC, The Netherlands
- Vera Peters: “Future Research Question in Sepsis” at the ESCMID 2017 postgraduate Sepsis Summer Course. (June 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Chloe Albert: Presented her work at the Mérieux Université PhD day (May 2017, Lyon, France)
- Dina Tawfik: Presented her work at the Mérieux Université PhD day (May 2017, Lyon, France)
- Harjeet Virk: “Future Research Question in Sepsis” at the ESCMID 2017 postgraduate Sepsis Summer Course. (June 2017, Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- All ESRs presented their projects to the ESA-ITN satellite meetings taking place during Sepsis 2017 (13.09.17, Paris).
- Andres Alban: “Extending a Bayesian decision-theoretic approach to value-based sequential clinical trial design” at the 2018 Winter Simulation Conference (December 2018, Gothenburg, Sweden)
Other publications acknowledging ESA-ITN:
- Rello J, van Engelen TSR, Alp E, Calandra T, Cattoir V, Winfried V. Kern WV, Netea MG, Nseir S, Opal SM, van de Veerdonk FL, Wilcox MH, Wiersinga WJ. Towards precision medicine in sepsis: a position paper of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, 2018 In press
- New: Research Topic on “The Immunology of Sepsis – Understanding Host Susceptibility, Pathogenesis of Disease, and Avenues for Future Treatment”, edited by Roger T. Frontiers in Immunology. This special theme issue will be dedicated to the European Sepsis Academy (in preparation)
- Chick SE, M Forster, P Pertile, 2017, A Bayesian Decision-Theoretic Model of Sequential Experimentation with Delayed Responses, Journal Royal Statistical Society Series B, 79(5): 1439—1462, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/rssb.12225/abstract
- van der Sluijs AF, ER van Slobbe-Bijlsma, SE Chick, MB Vroom, DA Dongelmans, APJ Vlaar, 2017, The impact of changes in intensive care organization on patient outcome and cost effectiveness – A narrative review, https://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s40560-016-0207-7
- SE Chick, N Gans, O Yapar, in preparation, Bayesian Sequential Learning for Clinical Trials of Multiple Correlated Technologies, in preparation.
Books and bookchapters:
- Giesen L, Luuk Giesen MD. What is sepsis? In: Wiersinga WJ, Seymour CW (ed). Handbook of Sepsis. Springer Nature, 2018 In press
- Engelen TSR, Wiersinga WJ, van der Poll T. The pathogenesis of sepsis. In: Wiersinga WJ, Seymour CW (ed). Handbook of Sepsis. Springer Nature, 2018 In press
- Wiersinga WJ, Seymour CW (ed). Handbook of Sepsis. Springer Nature, 200 p, 2018 In press